Finally!

Reaction score
Finally some good news. I switched audiologists and said I was never going to go back there to that other place ever again. This place was much more professional and the test lasted longer than ten minutes. Little did i know the place i had complained about has been getting numerous complaints of the audiologist not actually doing anything for the patient want or needs They get a lot of clients now because of the other people. That was unnecessarily frustrating.

This person; the test lasted around a half an hour , the assessment of my desires was another half an hour so an hour total, and we spoke and she said that she felt the same way, I was being bullied into my decision not actually getting to help with my needs or desires. Sometimes a situation may be where as they can have a certain thing but my degree of hearing loss does not allow for a slim tube hearing aid. I can however get them coloured and she told me the molds are so soft now i might just be forgetting that i am wearing them! :O! We are going with a pair of red and blue phonak hearing aids because of the colour choices that were offered but the funny part is we're switching the moulds with the colours XD!! Once i get my doctor's signature she told me an impression would be made of my ear.

I was told that once one hearing aid is turned on the other one automatically comes on. Technology sure is amazing. She was very pleasant and thoughtful to deal with. I know i already stated i would be getting softer shell moulds but this just makes me so happy i finally found the right person to help me with my decision. I also learned I have mixed hearing loss, sensorneurial (gonna take a stab on the spelling) which means noise reduction to sound, and congunctive? I think that's the spelling? where a loss is caused by infections, surgery or something else entirely and i actually got a few points in the high range mark which were because the bones inside my ear are intact. This post btw is not meant to be taken as a learning curve for anyone nor is it meant to be used to diagnose your own health; I am just stating this is my particular case, but I can be helped so that's good! Wish me luck all. :)

What Brand? Do not forget the accessories like Remote- TV Streamer- Phone Clip- Clip on Mic. They are well worth the price

i am getting phonak. I don't have a cell phone as unusual as this sounds, so that sort of stuff is not needed for me. :) but thank you. I also have two horses and am more of a country life style person so it's all good. :) however the remote is necessary so i can adjust volume. ^^

I do not have cell either but the phone clip lets me hear the land phone even when I am outside. And I have a Cap Tel phone that prints the callers words as they speak. lots of luck with the Phonak I would never hear the TV sound without the streamer

Back