Free Full Service or Paid Support?

Moondoggy

Reaction score
I've been looking at the cost of the hearing aid that 3 audiologist have said would be the best solution for my degree of hearing loss. All 3 have recommended that I buy the Oticon Opn1 hearing aid. In addition to them recommending this same hearing aid they are all within a few cents of each other on the price of these aids which really shocked me as a pair of these aids is going to cost me $6700. On another forum someone suggested that I can buy the Opn1's for $3590 which would save me $3110. I asked my Audiologists if they would support a mail order set of Opn1's and they all said yes but they also said that they would have to charge me $110 for each office visit and if you do the math that only allows me 28 visits before I've eaten up all that $3110 in savings. The Audiologists have also said that the if I buy from them any office visit for any reason would be free so it's a pay now or pay later thing as far as I can tell but I'd like some feedback from some wearers of hearings aids on which direction they would advise me to go. Thanks.

Depending on your hearing loss as always, hearing aid technology is very subjective. Every hearing aid manufacturer has comparable technology and sometimes practitioners are only able to deal with one manufacturer.

The Opn 1 is a very good hearing aid, but so is the Phonak B90 and Resound Linx2 9 3D. I could also make arguments as to why these are better than the Opn 1, but that can also convolute things as well.

In my opinion, do what makes you feel comfortable and what makes the most sense financially. However, keep in mind that the Resound Linx2 9 3D can be programmed and adjusted remotely no matter where you are.

Back