Getting fitted soon!

Reaction score
Next step: getting an impression made for both ears this Friday and then I choose colours. This is an extremely patient audiologist. Am I ever glad I found her! A lot of people just assume you have to stick with something just because they found it. If the person for whatever reason leaves a bad taste in my mouth; with me that's generally it . This is not always true, sometimes it is but not always. Sorry if i sound confusing I am very fussy about who tweaks with my hearing as you saw from my first post here that was a plain ol' miserable individual with a one sided view. Anyways, I digress.

Apparently the material I will be able to get is silicone and it is much softer than other type of materials for behind the ear hearing aids. She told me they take away the heaviness feeling of these type of hearing aids with that material.

She said it would take about two weeks for them to come in and then she fits me. I know it could vary but I'm just glad I found someone that can have both good bedside manners and be a professional. You don't often find these people and when you do; you stick with 'em!

I got the moulds done today LOL! That was weirder than I recalled. I was laughing because it tickled but i tried to stay still XD!! For a while my ears felt so strange after the fact. They told me this would be normal for a while. The right ear took longer than the left ear to feel normal again I chose purple 'ears' she called them and an orange mould. I got to see my impressions and I was pretty astounded. It's so weird to see what my ear actually looked like inside ! :O

Last edited:
LOL it tickles though! (and that's awesome, I might need do that too if I want a new impression for the OPNs!)

It sure did. The popping sensation was a bit weird but I figured that's because it was hardening or something. Ah. So when a replacement is necessary sometimes a new impression must be made? :O did not know that.I will keep that in mind should the need arise.

She told me again that she was a bit surprised with how the other place treated me and she did not even put on a big show to call the phonak company right on the spot. She's really quite very nice. Sometimes it's hard to find professional doctors or somebody in the medical field with both good skills and bedside manners. I know I already mentioned this but I still can't get over how awesome she's been. I have tried many places but none of them were what I'd call helpful. I am getting the silicone. I told her that somebody, not you directly of course for security reasons, mentioned that and she agreed, and also for my hearing loss type yesterday she told me it holds sound better for some than acrylic does. I think she was getting a good kick out of how strange my expression was when i saw the impression. I literally said 'That's what it looks like from the inside' XD? I guess that's normal though to them. :)

Back