Hearing aids & sales work

Granite

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm currently finalizing my marketing studies at the university and thus moving little by little to work life. However, I'm bit concerned about my hearing loss and my capabilities to get along in the working environment. In the future, my work would include selling and customer service both on phone and face to face. Therefore, I'd like to know how would I get along in this kind of working environment with my hearing aids? At this moment, I have a mild hearing loss and sometimes I have difficulties to identify some consonants on phone. Maybe hearing aids would help me on this issue.

Hearing aids may help. If you do get HAs, make sure they have telecoils as this helps with hearing on the phone. Also ask about streamers & other accessories that improve hearing on the phone, hearing the TV, in noisy environments, etc.
Do your homework & be sure to find an audiologist who wants to help you hear better rather than making money.

Thank you loveblue! I'll check my hearing again on next year. I'll really have to consider to buy the hearing aids because I have some difficulties when I'm speaking on the phone (especially in the noisy places). I look forward to get new hearing aids with a streamer.

Hi all,

I'm currently finalizing my marketing studies at the university and thus moving little by little to work life. However, I'm bit concerned about my hearing loss and my capabilities to get along in the working environment. In the future, my work would include selling and customer service both on phone and face to face. Therefore, I'd like to know how would I get along in this kind of working environment with my hearing aids? At this moment, I have a mild hearing loss and sometimes I have difficulties to identify some consonants on phone. Maybe hearing aids would help me on this issue.

Hearing aids should help you hear better in areas that you are having trouble hearing in, especially if your loss is a mild one. If you are having trouble hearing on the phone a Bluetooth streamer will help you hear since you will hear the conversation in both ears, not just one. You also are probably missing some things people are saying when you are talking face to face as well and HA's will also help in these situations as well and if you are going into selling and customer service you will need to be hearing at your best. If cost is an issue you might find some help from your states department of rehabilitation or you can go to someplace like Costco who have very good HA's at about half the price you would pay at an audiologist office.

Back