Hew here

Ian Scott

Reaction score
Hi

I'm 57 and have had a hearing loss for a few years. During 2013 I had ear trouble when I felt I was getting repeated build up of excessive ear wax. The first visit to the GP surgery a nurse did remove some wax, and a little again on a second visit a few months after the first. Then in November 2013 I went back complaining of ear wax again as I was finding it difficult to hear.

On this occasion the nurse had a look in my ears and there was no wax! She booked me in for a screening hearing test that showed my hearing was not as good as it should be and I was referred to my local ENT to see a doctor and have an audiologist do some proper hearing tests.

This diagnosed my loss and was fitted with a hearing aid for my left ear in February 2014.

In January this year I went for a follow up visit and my tests now showed my hearing had dropped some more and I had hearing aids fitted for both ears. Both are Siemens digital BTEs with open ear fittings.

I'm confortable with my hard of hearing life and my hearing aids help a lot. I find life is better with 2 aids rather than just 1.

Back