How many hearing aids (and/or CIs) do you wear?

VamPyroX

Reaction score
The title says it all! :)

How many hearing aids and/or cochlear implants do you wear?

Why or why not?

I wear only one hearing aid in my left ear. I used to wear two when I was little for a few years, but it never worked out and I always got headaches. It has something to do with my right ear being extremely sensitive to sounds, but not strong enough to understand sounds. For instance, I can hear people talking... but I can't understand what they're saying. At the same time, sounds cause my vision to "shake" as if someone is shooting a gun next to my ear repeatedly.

I had a co-worker who wore a hearing aid in one ear and cochlear implant on the other. (Don't remember which ear though.)

Started with one as only one ear had hearing loss at that time. 5 years later, when finding out if my HA needed any tweaking found out the other ear now needed a HA. So have been wearing two for about 10 years.

One. The audiologist says that I should wear it in both ears, but it doesn't help in one ear. It is more annoying than it is useful.

Well I have one for each ear, but I don't wear my left one much. I went from analog aids to digital about 4 years ago. I had moved from NH to SC, and the audi that I started dealing with to get the new aids went through the VR and was going to go to school so they wanted me to have "better" aids) didn't think I should wear an aid in my left ear any more. She said that I had so much loss in that ear that I would need the volume so loud that it would cause my ear drum to vibrate and it could make me dizzy. So I spent the last for years, until this summer with just an aid for my right ear.

I've had more loss though in the last year/year and half. At first I thought it might be the aid, something wrong with it, but then I realized that when my husband or kids put their mouth up to my ear when I wasn't aided that I couldn't understand them anymore. So back to the audi. Got a different audi now, he wanted me to try to wear one in my left ear again. it's meh. I can hear with it, but voices sound like mickey mouse. I feel sound with it, yes it does vibrate my ear drum it tickles, but I'm not really understanding anything with it, it's kind of distracting actually. Couple months ago I did wear it all day at work, all night at home. Took it off before I went to bed, opened the battery door........there was no battery in it all, it must have fell out before I put it on. I had no idea all day, that's how much it helps me lol. And holy crap was it expensive!!!! ugh

I wear only one in my left ear. One is not needed in my right ear, at least that's what my audiologists told me throughout the years. Like Vampyrox, my right ear is very sensitive but too weak to understand sounds. When I listen to music via headphones, I can hear and understand voice in my left ear but not my right (just whispers). Oh well.

I wear two hearing aids... one in both ears, although my left ear .. I don't get much help at all.. :(

CI in left, HA in right. Stopped wearing HA in left ear in 4th grade as I got nothing from the HA.

Back