Is that a hearing loss problem?

susan

Reaction score
I am Susan. We reside in Toronto. It is for my sons I am writing here for my John. He is 18 yrs old. He loves to listen to music 24*7. I am fed up of telling him. I don't have any problem with him listening to music, but the problem is he use headphones for this, which I hate the most. Where ever he goes or whatever he does these headphones accompanies him, which I hate the most. I am worried about his health and I don't have any complaints regarding the things he does. Last week I happened to read an article ( http://www.hearingsolutions.ca/blog/can-wearing-headphones-cause-hearing-loss ) on headphone use and hearing loss which is still alarming in me. When I went through the article I was thinking of my son. Nowadays I don't him see with headphone and when enquired with him regarding this, he said he got severe ear pain and is having some difficulty in hearing. I am worried about this situation. Will this lead to a complete hearing loss? Can anyone suggest anyone here, suggest me immediate step that has to be undergone?

You could always go for a hearing test? This website offers some really good info on what he might expect on his first hearing test. Also invest in some noise cancelling headphones, as we often amp up the volume on our headphones to block out outside noise! To read more on steps you can take to protect hearing, maybe try this website?

Back