jrldev

Reaction score
Hello everyone, My name is Joseph but everyone calls me Joe. I just pass my 82nd birthday and I have been wearing hearing aids since the late 1990's;can't remember the exact year. I began having problems with my hearing after my time in the military Signal Corps# in Korea.I have a suspicion that continuous exposure to land mines can precipitate a loss of hearing. Thru the years since that period my loss of hearing have progressed from mild to profound and this is my present status. In my retirement from active work I have been involved in music playing the classical guitar and other instruments. My comments here refer to the use of hearing aids, digital type and analog type units. What I have noticed is that my hearing of musical notes #pitch) is somewhat distorted when using digital hearing aids a condition that I do not encounter when using an analog unit. Have any member here have experienced this situation? I would like to hear your views in this matter. Thank you for reading this blog. Joe de V

Last edited:
Hello and welcome aboard, Joseph! :wave:

I, too, find it a bit difficult playing guitar wearing a digital hearing aid (Phonak). It seems like a digital hearing aid, in general, makes sounds sound thin and robotic.

I think a digital hearing aid is ideal when being around and talking to people, but not so great when it comes to playing musical instruments. Before I play guitar with background music, I switch to an analog hearing aid (Oticon) that I have laying around here.

What brand and model is your digital hearing aid?

I've read that Resound hearing aids do a pretty good job for music, but it is purely hearsay on my part. However, if you want to try them out you can get a 90 day trial with a full refund from Costco if they don't work out, so you really have nothing to lose.

Back