New to forum, but long-time hearing loss

dcubed

Reaction score
I, or to be more accurate, my wife, started to notice my hearing loss years ago. As many of you probably experienced, there were complaints of excessively TV volume and accusations of ignoring questions.

After a hearing test, I learned that I had a degenerative disease in both ears and needed surgery (stapendectomy) to correct it. I never got the surgery and have suffered further degraded hearing over the last several years.

After resigning myself in recent months to take *some* action, I decided to persue hearing aids to see if I could regain 'normal' hearing w/o surgery. After speaking with a friend about my hearing loss and plans, he told me that his recently deceased mom had hearing aids and that I could have them if I thought they would work.

I have done some research and found that they might. I am going to post some questions in the appropriate folder to see what I can learn.

Hello and welcome aboard! Are the hearing aids digital or analog? Either way, you can take it to your local audiologist, get a hearing test, then they'll adjust the aids for you.

Let us know how you did with the hearing aids.

See my post in the hearing aid forum. Oticon Agil Pro digital. I see the audiologist on 21Jan15.

Back