Newbie would like advice on hearnng aids

Moondoggy

Reaction score
A brief background. I have experienced a sudden hearing loss if the midrange in my right ear. My left ear also has some age related loss but not the extent of the loss in my right ear. Everything that can be done by the ENT for this loss has been done and all they will tell me now is that my hearing in my right ear may return over time but it may not. The audiologist in my ENT's office has suggested a hearing aid in the Oticon Opn line of hearing aids. Not that I don't trust my medical professional but as I understand things the Oticon Opn line is somewhat of a Cadillac in the hearing aid world and although I want my hearing to be as near natural as possible with hearing aids I'm concerned about whether this aid might be a bit over the top and that another aid from another company might do just as well. My concern also is that I don't want to go mail order as I'm looking for quality service after the sale but if I don't buy the Opn aid then what aid do I focus on and how to I find a seller locally that would provide the best service after the sale? Please note that I not afraid to buy the Cadillac of hearing aids if that's what the Opn's are but I don't believe I need a bunch of expensive options either. Can anyone provide advice to a newbie? Thanks.

Back