Okay, I'll Be Second...

VamPyroX

Reaction score
Hello...

I'm VamPyroX.

I'm in my 30's, married, no kids (yet), and no pets (yet).

I was born hearing and became deaf a year later due to neglect. I had ear problems and was on medication. I wasn't given the medication properly and my ears got worse to a point where they just failed.

So, here I am... hard of hearing.

What's my hearing like? I wear one hearing aid in my left ear. I could wear one in my right ear, but I'd only get headaches as my hearing is imbalanced to where I can't hear anything that's normal but am very sensitive to things that have vibration in it. So, I can hear everything... but it all sounds the same to me and monotone as well as if my head was in a drum. :(

I didn't learn sign language until I was 5 years old. I went to a deaf institute from age 2 to 5 where everything was oral, no sign language. I moved to a mainstreamed school where sign language was used. It wasn't until I was in college when I found out what ASL, PSE, and SEE meant. It wasn't until 5 years after that when I found out that I was using MSS from age 5 to 18.

So, hi! Ask me anything... if you want. :)

Hello and welcome!

How long have you been wearing hearing aids?

Hello and welcome!

How long have you been wearing hearing aids?
I think I started wearing hearing aids when I was 1 year old (when I became deaf). It was the kind that you strap on to your chest and have cords plugged into your hearing aid going to your ear molds.

It wasn't until I was 5 or 6 years old when I switched to BTE hearing aids. :)

Ask you anything, eh? Um, do you drink coffee? (It's breakfast time here, can you tell?)

I think I started wearing hearing aids when I was 1 year old (when I became deaf). It was the kind that you strap on to your chest and have cords plugged into your hearing aid going to your ear molds.

It wasn't until I was 5 or 6 years old when I switched to BTE hearing aids. :)

I never got to try the chest/box hearing aids. Wow, that's cool.
I started wearing hearing aids around 5-6 too. I think my first one was a Siemens.

Ask you anything, eh? Um, do you drink coffee? (It's breakfast time here, can you tell?)
Yes and no.

If I were to wake up in the morning and have a desire to drink something, it would likely be an energy drink or a glass of chocolate milk.

If I were at someone's house and they had coffee made (or I had people at my house), then I'd have some coffee. But in order to enjoy it, I definitely need sugar and amaretto creamer! :)

I never got to try the chest/box hearing aids. Wow, that's cool.
I started wearing hearing aids around 5-6 too. I think my first one was a Siemens.
I don't remember what brand it was. I think they used AA batteries and were strapped to my chest with the weird white straps that looked like Meeloo's white bikini (from Fifth Element) for kids. ;)

My mom thought it was a hassle. So, she took my overalls... removed one of the back pockets... then sewed them to the front so that the hearing aid could slide in. Made things a lot easier for me. :)

Back