Oticon Alta, update after 6 weeks

denied

Reaction score
Got a pair of Oticon alta rite (receiver in the ear) aids, along with the connect line streamer, TV adapter and remote microphone.
This is my third set of aids, second bte (behind the ear).
My evaluation is the aids are great, the aids work together so it as close to normal as i can remember, it took several trips to the audiologist to get the volume and background set to my satisfaction but we finally got there.
The streamer is also a lot of help, I have an iphone 5 and when receiving a call it goes directly to my aids via the streamer, phone calls were a big problem so this is a great help. My audiologist was able to connect my steamer and iphone so that I can make calls via the streamer using Siri (voice control) and never having to take my iphone out of my pocket. I can also listen to music on the iphone by pushing a button on the steamer.
The TV adapter is a big help when there is other noises (people) in the same room. The tv audio is piped directly into my aids.
The remote microphone is so far the least used since the improved hearing due to the aids make hearing my wife a lot better with out the mic.
Hope this is of help to someone.

Have you had problems keeping the Streamer paired with your Iphone? I have always had problems keeping my Streamer paired to anything made by Apple. I use the TV adapter in the same situations as you do: if there are people in the room and I'm trying to watch something I turn on the adapter and don't miss a word.

Have you had problems keeping the Streamer paired with your Iphone? I have always had problems keeping my Streamer paired to anything made by Apple. I use the TV adapter in the same situations as you do: if there are people in the room and I'm trying to watch something I turn on the adapter and don't miss a word.

No problem so far, in addition to thi iPhone I also pair to an ipad and Apple Mac air. I have had problems with two or more bluetooth devices in range at the same time so I keep the iPhone Bluetooth on all the time & shut down the others except when needed or use an audio cable.

Good to hear. Do you have the Streamer Pro or the older Streamer. If it's the Pro maybe Oticon did something to fix the Apple pairing problem.

Good to hear. Do you have the Streamer Pro or the older Streamer. If it's the Pro maybe Oticon did something to fix the Apple pairing problem.

Mine is the streamer pro. FWIW the setup to pair the iPhone to the streamer was done using Oticon software by my audiologist. Streamer is connected to computer using mini usb cable, it was new to my Audi & took a couple of calls to Oticon. I now have three different programs on my setup. Without local help it would be impossible to get right.

denied,
The Streamer Pro has to be paired to your hearing aids by the audiologist, but you can pair any device that has Bluetooth capability to your Streamer yourself by simply putting it and the device into their pairing mode: the Streamer is put into the pairing mode by holding down the on/off button for 5 seconds or until the indicator light blinks blue, then you bring the device into it's pairing mode, and once they are paired you may have to put in a pin code, which for phones is oooo( four zeroes).

Seb, you are correct, getting the streamer pro to activate Siri (voice activation on iPhone) required software setup on the streamer. I can now press the phone button on the streamer and have Siri make calls, answer questions etc. without ever taking the iPhone out of my pocket.

I've got the older version of the Streamer with voice activation, but I rarely use it because half the time it starts with "say a word," I say the word and then it says did you say "----" which is not the word I said and this goes on until I pull the phone out and find who I want to call and make the call myself. It kind of drives me crazy. When it works it's great but I can never count on it working. I love my Streamer and would never have hearing aids without one but the voice activation leaves a lot to be desired, at least with the old Streamer version.

Back