Phillips 9040

Jdaum

Reaction score
I just got a new pair of Phillips 9040 from Costco. work fine except the ringtone on incoming calls is so weak I can barely hear. I've tried everything I can think of but can't increase the volume on the ringtone. Everything else the volume is fine. I have an android S20 and using Hearlink2 app. Any suggestions appreciated.

Do you have the (HearSuite) fitting software installed.

Try poking around this section of Help;
HearSuite / Help / Open help Files / End Session

Ask questions about what you find. The HearSuite fitting software doesn't have a "Simulate" feature so I cannot walk with you when looking for the specific adjustment. So ask questions about any adjustments you find in the End Sessions Step.​

Click this link to the → Resource Center;
  • Scroll down to find Software tutorials
  • Find and Click Tutorial Finish Session to watch a video

I just got a new pair of Phillips 9040 from Costco. work fine except the ringtone on incoming calls is so weak I can barely hear. I've tried everything I can think of but can't increase the volume on the ringtone. Everything else the volume is fine. I have an android S20 and using Hearlink2 app. Any suggestions appreciated.
Is the ring tone also weak coming from the phone if you're not using the hearing aids? I suspect the issue is because your phone's ringtone volume level is set to a very low volume level, so you're just hearing that low volume effect, whether through the hearing aids or through the phone's speakers if you have the hearing aids connected to it.

Do you have the (HearSuite) fitting software installed.

Try poking around this section of Help;
HearSuite / Help / Open help Files / End Session

Ask questions about what you find. The HearSuite fitting software doesn't have a "Simulate" feature so I cannot walk with you when looking for the specific adjustment. So ask questions about any adjustments you find in the End Sessions Step.​
Click this link to the → Resource Center;
  • Scroll down to find Software tutorials
  • Find and Click Tutorial Finish Session to watch a video
PVC, Thank you for your reply. I clicked on the tutorial and watch the video. That program looks like the one the audiologist used to initially set up my hearing aids. I have a follow up appointment on the 10th and I will point out the Ringtone set to her and see if she can get this working as it should.

Do what I did - go back to Costco and have them boost the volume for phone calls. It made a big difference. I now DO have HearSuite and the requisite hardware, but this is overkill for your situation. You may even be able to get this done remotely via the HearLink app.

Back