Phillips HearSuite fitting software

Diveman

Reaction score
Can anybody help a guy who otherwise has to spend the better part of a day driving to and back from the nearest (and it's far!) Costco with a link or source for this fitting software for the 9040's?

Hi @Diveman; Welcome. Read your PM/Conversation in a short while for information about how to find Philips HearSuite 2023.2

I'd also be interested in HearSuite, along with a pointer to whatever hardware I need to use it, if any.

Read your PM/Conversation shortly for information about how to find Philips HearSuite 2023.2.

Your hearing aid programming device is always related to a specific hearing aid model. So which model hearing aid do you have?

I'd also be interested in HearSuite, along with a pointer to whatever hardware I need to use it, if any.
Almost a week, so you may already know that you need a NoahLink Wireless, from, e.g., eBay. This would apply to your Philips Hearlink 9040s or any other HearLink feature level.

9040's?? Oh, I get it now ;) I don't follow the Philips models closely. But there are other options depending on the model. Though, Costco doesn't carry all models. Oh well, for non-Costco sources there are other options;

Philips HearSuite / Help / Open help file; then Type "programming devices" in the search box and press Enter
Select/Click "Cables and adapters"; then; Expand each hearing aid style (miniRite, BTE PP, Custom)
c1.pngc2.pngc3.pngc4.png

My Audi set these up for NAL2. Is there a way to change the rationale? I wouldn't mind tinkering/experimenting to see if the Phillips propriety rationale is a better fit. I did go into the tools> preference> default menu and tried to change it there but it didn't alter the settings. Quite possibly it may be that the changes would have to be done under the client settings. I'm not sure how to proceed either way.

Last edited:
Save your original settings first. Instructions are in a DIY School Hearing Aids PDF file named (02 How to Program your Hearing Aids);

c1.png

Last edited:
My Audi set these up for NAL2. Is there a way to change the rationale? I wouldn't mind tinkering/experimenting to see if the Phillips propriety rationale is a better fit. I did go into the tools> preference> default menu and tried to change it there but it didn't alter the settings. Quite possibly it may be that the changes would have to be done under the client settings. I'm not sure how to proceed either way.
Your HCP probably did REM for you based on NAL-NL2, so that's why the NAL-NL2 was chosen as your primary rationale, so that everything matches. Otherwise, it would be a Philips fitting rationale with REM adjustments to an NAL-NL2 target, but still behaves as a Philips fitting rationale.

So when you try out one of those Philips fitting rationale, you'd naturally want to put it in another program as to not override the REM adjusted NAL-NL2 rationale. Also keep in mind that the new program using the Philips fitting rationale will not be REM adjusted. It may or may not matter, depending on whether your fittings were underfitted (requiring more significant REM adjustment), or whether you were already close enough to target (requiring minimum REM adjustment). If the earlier (underfitted), then the Philips fitting rationale without any REM adjustment may sound weaker for you.

Your HCP probably did REM for you based on NAL-NL2, so that's why the NAL-NL2 was chosen as your primary rationale, so that everything matches. Otherwise, it would be a Philips fitting rationale with REM adjustments to an NAL-NL2 target, but still behaves as a Philips fitting rationale.

So when you try out one of those Philips fitting rationale, you'd naturally want to put it in another program as to not override the REM adjusted NAL-NL2 rationale. Also keep in mind that the new program using the Philips fitting rationale will not be REM adjusted. It may or may not matter, depending on whether your fittings were underfitted (requiring more significant REM adjustment), or whether you were already close enough to target (requiring minimum REM adjustment). If the earlier (underfitted), then the Philips fitting rationale without any REM adjustment may sound weaker for you.
Thank you, I'm finding my Audi at Costco very accommodating and from what you just described to me it may be best to lean on her for the heavy lifting such as tinkering with rationales. I feel I can still do a minor tweet here and there should the need arise. Thanks again.

Hi @PortlandAmir Welcome
Read you PM/Conversation in a short while for information for how find (Philips HearSuite 2023.2)

I just picked up some 9010 mini HA, I would like to try to program them, where do I find the software?

Hi @rally91 Welcome.
Please read your PM/Conversation in a short while for information about where to find Philips HearSuite 2024.1

Just coming back to say that HearSuite + NoahLink Wireless works great for the Philips 9040.

Back