Phllips HearLink 9040 rechargeable battery is replaceable with Z22A from ZeniPower

pvc

Reaction score
Maybe one of our HoH Community members could ask Costco if their Phllips HearLink 9040 rechargeable battery is replaceable by Costco, and if the replacement battery is the same Z22A Li-Ion (3.8 V / 20.0 mAh) from Zhuhai Zhi/ZeniPower as used for replacing the Oticon rechargeable batteries?

Here's an image of the packaging for Z22A Li-Ion (3.8 V / 20.0 mAh) from Zhuhai Zhi/ZeniPower which replaces both original batteries for (the OpnS, More, Zircon, and Real models) login required for image expansion

c1-png.119

And here's an image of the Z22A Li-Ion (3.8 V / 20.0 mAh) battery itself.
Note that your OEM battery inside your hearing will not look the same as this Z22A replacement;
UGX6f73.jpg

Last edited:
here's what the "original rechargeable"/OEM battery looks like in Oticon More 1's; login required for image expansion
dsc_0800-jpg.372

dsc_0799-jpg.371

and a closeup of the symbol; login required for image expansion
c1-jpg.373

Last edited:
Hi, i can confirm that Z22A Li-Ion (3.8 V / 20.0 mAh) from Zhuhai Zhi/ZeniPower also replaces original batteries for Oticon Real

Here's some preliminary instructions on rechargeable battery replacement for Philips 9030/9040.
How to summon Help for Rechargeable battery replacement within the Philips HearSuite fitting software;
  • Philips HearSuite / Help / Open help file
  • Type battery in the search box and press Enter on your keyboard or click the search icon
  • Click Rechargeable batteries and scroll down to find "How to replace batteries"

c4 Philips.png

Here's some preliminary instructions on rechargeable battery replacement for Philips Bernafon rechargeable hearing aids.
How to summon Help for Rechargeable battery replacement within the Bernafon OasisNxt fitting software;
  • Bernafon OasisNxt / Help / Open help file
  • Type battery in the search box and press Enter on your keyboard or click the search icon
  • Click Rechargeable batteries and scroll down to find "How to replace the batteries"

c1.png

Thanks to HOH-Community members @Uisge, @fireinzell, and @hearwell. I will be updating DIY School Hearing Aids PDF file (Li-ion Rechargeable Battery Replacement) to include new information for replacing rechargeable batteries for Philips and Bernafon - in addition to Oticon. I am pretty sure that you can literally type anything as the new battery serial number (for Philips and Bernafon), it’s just record keeping, I would choose a date (2024-01-30 or similar), then repeat and enter the same serial number for the other side. And next, Reset battery statistics. This guarantees accurate daily usage Beeps.

Last edited:
1706670485559.jpeg
This is my Philips HearLink 9040 miniRITE T R, with the Z22A. I found that a steel guitar string works well to open the battery drawer, if you don't have the special tool. Use the B string.
The same for the HearLink 9030, and 9020.

Here is a video of the equivalent Bernafon HA, showing how to replace the battery. You'll see the battery marking Z22 at one point.
I believe the equivalent Bernafon models are the Alpha XT 9, 7, and 5. miniRITE T R

This is the same as the Oticon Real 1, 2 and 3

I maintain that they are all the same hardware, packaged by brand, and that there might be slight differences in the programs that run them. However in my trial of the Oticon Real 1 miniRITE R, and now my ownership of the Philips HearLink 9040 miniRITE T R, I think they are actually the same programs with different descriptions to allow for 'plausible deniability' that each brand is the equal of the other.

Last edited:
I maintain that they are all the same hardware, packaged by brand, and that there might be slight differences in the programs that run them.
Let's put a pin in this one. It should probably be a separate discussion/topic from which hearing aids can use Z22A replacement Li-ion batteries.:)

Let's put a pin in this one. It should probably be a separate discussion/topic from which hearing aids can use Z22A replacement Li-ion batteries.:)
Fair enough. I haven't been around here long enough to see how threads are handled for different subjects.

Well there's no set rules for topic content. :) But it might be a long discussion to talk about sister companies. I call them sister companies, alike-but-not-alike. The manufacturers have soooo many relationships it becomes difficult to figure out what they are doing.

First they separate their own models into tiers; For example this (Real 1, Real 2, Real 3) → Oticon Real Product comparison PDF file
Also, they establish other relationships such as these-sister-companies/healthcare-insurance/NHS/retail-outlets to sell their products under different names and sometimes they are Re-Branded and also locked. Here's a link to → Abram Bailey's Hearing Industry Map to get an idea about the scope of these relationships. Whew! o_O Also this → Audika Retail link shows many more outlets.

Last edited:
Back