Phonak Target fitting device - Ha's model compatibility

Feelm

Reaction score
Hi All. I'm trying/learning Target fitting software (newest version) and I'm curious if the compatibility information showed under fitting device selection icon, when choosing specific HA model for fitting is already reliable? Sometimes, when specific (especially older) HA Is selected there's a "( ! )" mark in the circle for Noahlink Wireless saying that selected HA is not compatible, but for iCube II for example there's no such warning.

Another one, I'm trying to understand is displayed red and blue audiogram area under it's parameters tab with drawing of actual patient's audiogram curves for the selected HA. Maybe someone could describe how to read this information, since sometimes (for some HA's) blue/red area almost touches patient's audiogram curves, sometimes the curves are in the middle of this red/blue marked areas?

As to your first question. Yes, the compatibility information showed under fitting device selection icon is accurate. Though it may depend on the steps that preceded looking at that specific information. With normal steps, Run target, select a client, select the hearing aid model, it works well. Note that mouse hovering over the (!) creates the extra popup explanation.

Note that forum images may appear as icons (not full size) until you are Logged in as a forum member.
c1.jpg

Though, we have a DIY School Hearing Aids PDF file named (Choose Hardware-Programming Device for Phonak) with the compatible devices already listed for you.
c5.jpg

Last edited:
As to your second question; I suspect that you are looking at red/blue shaded areas that equate to your hearing loss with the curves showing how your selections fits into your hearing loss. Maybe start a training session for a dummy client, then change some of the parameters (for example change acoustics from open to occluded) to look at how that affects the displayed information. Here's a picture showing how to start a Training Session;

Note that forum images may appear as icons (not full size) until you are Logged in as a forum member.
c6.jpg

Last edited:
Note that iCubeII (which is backwards compatible with iCube) can still work for many older Phonak hearing aid models because of that iCube compatibility. However, it is not without risk because it can brick some hearing aids. See thread (Have I bricked my Phonak Aid?)

Though there is a workaround to revert back to an earlier version of Target to -> unbrick it. All that bricking and unbricking is a PITA so choose your own level of risk.

Back