So far so good!

Reaction score
I can hear all sorts of little things I had been missing out on and loud sounds are no longer a problem. I have read though in my phonak book the wearer should not be exposed to super loud sounds like explosives like say fireworks while wearing the hearing aids.

The hearing aids are very comfortable. I sometimes forget I am wearing them and during a rest I have sometimes fallen asleep wearing them XD! I do take them out at night though. I find I am a part time user but I sometimes wear them longer. Some sounds I have heard that were distant to me before. Alarm clocks. Microwaves, seagulls, (which are very annoying! XD) telephones. Ironically it is still the quiet sounds that scare the crap out of me such as crinkling paper or tapping, or rustling noises. Not like a big jump but just more or less of a startle. I heard thunder on a television properly for the first time and it did not scare me! Bells and whistles are now comfortable as well as barking dogs. The barking dog one was a shocker as I was scared that was going to make me jump a mile. I heard car noises for the first time on the way home while wearing them. Oh! I should also mention I heard rain during a down pour. I had no idea rain makes a sound.

I can also hear people talking in another room, I can hear cars coming down the street in my house, a kettle clicking when it's done boiling! To make a long story short I think I will stop here on the descriptions! Haha! :)

For me the sounds are cushioned now like they weren't before when I couldn't hear them properly. When I hear a loud noise it is sudden to me without the hearing aids because I still have some good signals left. Sometimes however the feeling of well not plugged up but for me it feels like I am wearing ear plugs but it goes away very fast! :) Oh...and I might add on an amusing note burps sound pretty darn funny!! :)! Just thought I'd give you all an update on how I'm doing with my progress.

Back