Streaming from TV to HA

Squid

Reaction score
My older model Samsung TV doesn’t have the ability to stream via Bluetooth to my Rexton HA’s. (Well, it has a TV setup option for it, but it is greyed out and when I click on it it days “Feature not available”.)

So, what kind of device is needed to send the audio over bluetooth from TV? The TV has two USB-A ports available.

I use an Oticon TV Streamer for Oticon hearing aids. Rexton has a similar → TV Streamer.
My streamer uses Optical-out from the TV or optional RCA-Stereo out from the TV.
Though, RCA connections would miss out on the surround-sound. Yes, you can hear in surround-sound.
Careful: There are multiple streamer device versions and also hearing aid model dependencies.

Thanks for the info pvc, but wow. Rexton wants $200+ for this bluetooth device. Maybe I can make my own somehow using parts from other bluetooth devices.

HMm; Separate topic. I tend to bow out of these bluetooth talks. I don't have enough time. ;)

To the OP, you can try a BT dongle that would connect to the TV's audio plug, or a USB-based dongle, assuming that your TV supports routing audio to the USB port somehow. But you'll probably find some latency with these external dongles. It all depends on whether you find the latency acceptable or not.

I found the Rexton TV Steaming device on ebay, so I've got that coming, thanks.

Another option at potentially lower cost, but with some limitations, is to use a Roku and then use the private listening feature to run the audio through the Roku app to the aids.

Back