Unequal depletion of Oticon More 2 hearing aids

FrankT

Reaction score
I have Oticon More 2 hearing aids which I purchased in April of 2021. In the last two months or so, I have noticed that one hearing aid loses its charge faster than the other. After an overnight charge, one hearing aid lasts for at least sixteen hours while the other is nearly depleted after about fourteen hours. I have no choice but to give this hearing aid a short charge in order for it to last till the end of my day. I wonder if the battery is failing on this hearing aid, or is there another explanation?

You are right. I have the Opn aids and have seen the same charge decay rate difference. Turns out it is lithium battery decay.

You are right. I have the Opn aids and have seen the same charge decay rate difference. Turns out it is lithium battery decay.
I assume that you have the OPN S rechargeable version? The original OPN (no S) only has a ZPower rechargeable version, but no Lithium-ion.

I have Oticon More 2 hearing aids which I purchased in April of 2021. In the last two months or so, I have noticed that one hearing aid loses its charge faster than the other. After an overnight charge, one hearing aid lasts for at least sixteen hours while the other is nearly depleted after about fourteen hours. I have no choice but to give this hearing aid a short charge in order for it to last till the end of my day. I wonder if the battery is failing on this hearing aid, or is there another explanation?
If your More 2 aids are still within the 3 year warranty, I wouldn't put up with it, but would contact your HCP and ask for a pair of replacement batteries under warranty. At the latest, just before the warranty expires in April 2024, I would ask for a pair of battery replacement.

Back