Unnecessary "surgery" on hearing aid

Edd

Reaction score
Hi,

I just paid $280 to have my hearing aid overhauled (all new parts) and have a 1-year warranty on it. Which sounds great, right? But when I got it back it still wasn't working, and my audiologist asked what kind of batteries I had and whether I had bought them from her. Turns out there was a recall on the batteries, and now that I have the new batteries, it seems to be working fine. Which is making me wonder whether the $280 was money well spent.

My question to you all is, would you hold the audiologist responsible for having known about the recall? The hearing aid company? Any thoughts on where I am likely to get satisfaction here, or are they just going to start pointing fingers at one another. I can't necessarily "prove" the repair was unnecessary but I would gladly waive the 1-year warranty for a refund. Can't exactly return the parts in exchange for my old one at this point.

Thanks for listening!

Hi,

I just paid $280 to have my hearing aid overhauled (all new parts) and have a 1-year warranty on it. Which sounds great, right? But when I got it back it still wasn't working, and my audiologist asked what kind of batteries I had and whether I had bought them from her. Turns out there was a recall on the batteries, and now that I have the new batteries, it seems to be working fine. Which is making me wonder whether the $280 was money well spent.

My question to you all is, would you hold the audiologist responsible for having known about the recall? The hearing aid company? Any thoughts on where I am likely to get satisfaction here, or are they just going to start pointing fingers at one another. I can't necessarily "prove" the repair was unnecessary but I would gladly waive the 1-year warranty for a refund. Can't exactly return the parts in exchange for my old one at this point.

Thanks for listening!

Did you get one or two rebuilt for the $280? Also, how old is the HA? As for the battery issue, what you have to realize is your audi probably has several thousand patients and to keep track of what batteries they are using in their HA is probably a hopeless task. Yes, she probably should of checked the battery, but if the HA's were out of warranty the price you paid for basically a new one isn't to bad.

Back