What is your hearing aid's brand?

I have IIC invisible-in-canal style hearing aids right now. It is one of the most discreet style hearing aids which is purchased from Westside audiology, Calgary. They are flexible and adjustable to me.

Unitron

Just don't buy Unitron.

The electronics gets rusted in a short time:(

My hearing aid brand is Rexton mini piccolo analog. I have currently a custom made one that is a mix of analog and digital. Looking at extending the life of the analog if possible and moving forward to digital. I did try Phonak, but I believe my audi did not have enough experience with this particular brand.

I recently moved up to Phonak Naida V RIC from Rexton to get more power. I hear much better, though directional hearing such as focusing front is not quite as good with Phonak's "stereo zoom" as it is with Rexton. But I have started using the excellent little microphone that works with the Phonak Compilot Bluetooth streamer when I'm in an exceptionally noisy environment and need to focus on one source - a truly major advantage that I highly recommend if you are in noise a lot. Several of the manufacturers have these now.

I'm always prefer Phonak hearing aids . Because Phonak hearing aids that stand out for their effectiveness in deaf or hard of hearing people .

I currently use Starkey (digital) and have Oticon (analog) as backup. I've used Oticon all my life until a few years ago. I think Starkey is OK, probably because it's digital and I'm used to analog, but that's a different story. :p

What's your hearing aid brand?

used Oticon since I was 10 yrs old!

Various. No kidding. Lol When I was little, it was Oticon as I was told. Then Unitron, then Widex( in the ear), then Phonak...Bosch (boo!) Now I wear 2 Phonak digital-computerized programming hearing aids (one is currently malfuntioned as they're 8 yrs old now)...

Various. No kidding. Lol When I was little, it was Oticon as I was told. Then Unitron, then Widex( in the ear), then Phonak...Bosch (boo!) Now I wear 2 Phonak digital-computerized programming hearing aids (one is currently malfuntioned as they're 8 yrs old now)...

wore Oticon when I was 10! (you need to go back to Oticon since you're due for upgrade!) *their stuff is freaking awesome now*

I currently use Starkey (digital) and have Oticon (analog) as backup. I've used Oticon all my life until a few years ago. I think Starkey is OK, probably because it's digital and I'm used to analog, but that's a different story. :p

What's your hearing aid brand?
I wear Starkey, now for 14 years. Best made American hearing aid, American owned, American made!

wore Oticon when I was 10! (you need to go back to Oticon since you're due for upgrade!) *their stuff is freaking awesome now*

Will try again by going back to Oticon, depends on the hearing test. The degree of my hearing loss comes and goes. I used to talk on phone with Oticon HA when I was little girl and can't understand speakerphone anymore since 2006. Oticon was more powerful and loved it. :)

Will try again by going back to Oticon, depends on the hearing test. The degree of my hearing loss comes and goes. I used to talk on phone with Oticon HA when I was little girl and can't understand speakerphone anymore since 2006. Oticon was more powerful and loved it. :)

that's why the OPN is pretty hot on the market now too.

I have been wearing BTE analog aid probably for 50+ years. Never had any issues using the phone, understanding the tv, etc. I would guess that I have been wearing Oticons probably for the last 20 years or so. I just don't understand why they had to change a good thing. The analog aids were so much better than the new digital , especially for us long time users. I currently have an 80% loss in my left ear and the digital Octicon Chili just doesn't measure up to the "old" analog aid. I love Oticon because they last (like the Energizer bunny...keeps going and going) and very few repairs were ever needed. This new Chili is only 2 yrs old and after about 8 months in was in the shop for repairs and needs to go again. Just very unhappy with this aid all together!!

Beltone Boost Plus 17. Remote-TV Streamer- Phone Clip. Tons of power but speech recognition could be better.

Back