Difference between Hi-Pro cables (standard CS44 cable and Phonak/Unitron cable)

Oh wait, that's different from your picture. Your picture shows Starkey Orange Flexstrip which is 4-conductor. Count em, Four.
427-1173054eaa7bea54d99dd7f6120adb31.jpg

24453d5a0dc471f489f657e9006d421213b79a64.jpeg

Please, write the difference between Hi-Pro cables (standard CS44 cable) and Starkey Purple/Straight Cable
There is no difference between standard CS44 cable and Starkey Purple/Straight Cable. The Starkey Purple Cable have same pinout as standard CS44 cable.

I know this , because years ago i could only find a pair of straight CS44a (Phonak) cables and have to make a adapter which reverse pin 3 and pin4 to programm my Starkey hearing aids.

There is no difference between standard CS44 cable and Starkey Purple/Straight Cable. The Starkey Purple Cable have same pinout as standard CS44 cable.

I know this , because years ago i could only find a pair of straight CS44a (Phonak) cables and have to make a adapter which reverse pin 3 and pin4 to programm my Starkey hearing aids.
Thank you very much!
You have dispelled my doubts about purchasing cables for my two Microtech Summit IQ I1600 BTE 13 BTE 13 PWRPLS CHMP - these are Hi-Pro standard 2 m CS44 cables blue 058-5005 (521-381-007) and Red 058-5006 (521-381-008).
Am I right?

I'm stepping away for a while. MicroTech hearing aids are (ReBranded Starkey hearing aids) so you will have to pass a "Launch MicroTechFitting" parameter when you run Starkey Inspire. See a DIY School PDF File named (Unlocking ReBranded Hearing Aids) for details. ;)

Last edited:
you will have to pass a "Launch MicroTechFitting" parameter when you run Starkey Inspire
Alternatively there is a (.txt file) floating around and it has instructions inside about how to create an executable .Bat file which will upon execution, prompt you for 14 different possible "Launch" parameters. Then you just choose the one you want to run by entering a number between 1 and 14.

You did change 4 pin and works as 3 pin flix strip?

HMm; I did a pinout on the Starkey Purple/Straight Cable about five years ago. But the images got lost, and the pinout was part of the image. :(
It was different from the standard CS44 cable and it was different from the CS44a Phonak/Unitron with pins 3&4 reversed!

CLIP from another forum follows;
You can test continuity on pins 1 through 4 with a paper clip and a multi-meter from Harbor Freight which only cost $2 on sale, or free with promo coupon. Whoops, sorry the paper clip will be too large for the tiny end of a CS44 cable. You will need a smaller probe. Maybe a very tiny wire clipped to the end of the multi-meter probe.
I used a twisty-tire from a loaf of bread and scraped the paper off revealing the tiny wire. The pinouts for standard CS44 and Phonak/Unitron CS44a are well known. Your pinout for Starkey Purple/Straight Cable will be different from both standard CS44 and Phonak/Unitron CS44a. I would be happy to test it for you, but I no longer possess Starkey Purple/Straight Cable.

Here's a link to a → 2024-03-11 Pinout of the Starkey Purple/Straight Cable. Yes, it is different from the standard CS44 cable and also different from the CS44a Phonak/Unitron cable with pins 3&4 reversed!

Here's a repeat of theStarkey Purple/Straight Cable Pinout;
CS44 Mini-DIN Male Pin 1 = CS44 miniature Female Pin 2
CS44 Mini-DIN Male Pin 2 = CS44 miniature Female Pin 4
CS44 Mini-DIN Male Pin 3 = CS44 miniature Female Pin 1
CS44 Mini-DIN Male Pin 4 = CS44 miniature Female Pin 3

starkey-purple-cable-pinout-2-jpg.529

Back