How often or how many hours do you use your aids?

Alex

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I usually wear my hearing aid all day except when I'm sweating profusely, taking a shower, or sleeping.

What about you?

Usually all day but sometimes, when I'm home alone, I may not put them in till later in the morning. Of course, I take them out when showering, etc.

Usually all day, and even a couple of times when showering. ;)

HA survived the most recent time that happened.

I wear my hearing aid all the time except for when I'm in bed, working out, sweating, cleaning, playing rough sports, or anything where I don't really need my hearing aid for.

Usually all day, and even a couple of times when showering. ;)

HA survived the most recent time that happened.

haha I ran my finger behind my ear or whistle every time I get in the shower because I'm so afraid of that. I jumped into a pool once with my analog, I realized right when I hit the water.

During the work week probably 16 hours, I do occasionally have a deaf day, especially on mondays, since I'm off work and my kids are school where I might not put it in at all.

I wear my hearing aid all the time except for when I'm in bed, working out, sweating, cleaning, playing rough sports, or anything where I don't really need my hearing aid for.

Agreed. I put them in my ears as soon as I dry my ears out after my morning shower and take them off (most of the time) right before I turn the T.V. off and go to sleep.

All day here too. Yesterday I was actually alone in my house for hours (doesn't happen much with kids) and I took them out, but got nervous I wouldn't hear the phone or door.

All day here too. Yesterday I was actually alone in my house for hours (doesn't happen much with kids) and I took them out, but got nervous I wouldn't hear the phone or door.
You shouldn't get nervous. I don't.

If you're expecting someone, they will likely have told you in advance when they were coming and you could leave your hearing aids in to hear for the door. Other than that, what's to expect? :)

If I don't wear my hearing aids, I won't hear the door. Well, I'm not expecting anyone. So, why bother? Everyone I know who comes to my home... will let me know in advance. :)

I used to be paranoid and wear hearing aids all the time because I wanted to be able to answer the door when someone knocked on the door. I spent 3 years worrying. Nothing... I mean... NOTHING ever happened. (Well, I had a Jehovah's Witness come to my door once to give me a boring 15-minute lecture and I wished I never answered the door that time.)

That's when I realized... what for? So, I actually feel at peace when there's no sounds and no one to bother me unexpectedly. :)

Ah, yes, I understand but my kids were all out and my youngest had his first day at preschool which is right up the street. I wanted to hear if she needed to call me or anything.

In my area, the JW's have a signing crew! They came to my house and said 'Oh, we hear you're hoh/deaf, we can sign!' I was like 'shit, there goes my easy way out' hahaaa

Ah, yes, I understand but my kids were all out and my youngest had his first day at preschool which is right up the street. I wanted to hear if she needed to call me or anything.

In my area, the JW's have a signing crew! They came to my house and said 'Oh, we hear you're hoh/deaf, we can sign!' I was like 'shit, there goes my easy way out' hahaaa
Yeah. I hate when they do that. I've gotten stuck before with the "no hearing aid" excuse.

One time, a woman approached me and started talking to me about her JW church. I shook my head, pointed to my ears, and told her I couldn't hear. She immediately started signing. So, I got stuck watching her sign about her church for the next 15 minutes. ARGH!!!

Usually all day but sometimes, when I'm home alone, I may not put them in till later in the morning. Of course, I take them out when showering, etc.

This is what I do. Every once in a while I'll leave them out for a while just to give myself a noise break.

I wear them mostly all day when I am awake, but when I am alone like on a day off.. or just need a noise break I take them out

My CI is on all day usually. HA, I play with it off and on during the day (I like to get CI only practice in too). Before CI, my HA was on all day from the moment I'm ready to head out to work until I'm ready to go to bed.

From before I get out of bed in the morning until I'm in bed at night, minus showers and naps. Now whether it's actually ON is a whole 'nuther story :p

From before I get out of bed in the morning until I'm in bed at night, minus showers and naps. Now whether it's actually ON is a whole 'nuther story :p
Eh? Just like the feeling of wearing them... whether they're on or not? ;)

All day long. My feet hit the ground in the morning until I call it a night. I do not wear them when I am going to be working outdoors as I have dropped them a couple of times in my life and they are hard to find in the grass.

Back