How often or how many hours do you use your aids?

the question to ask yourself is, when do you want to hear?

You should be wearing your hearing aids all them time, when you want to hear. Its your brain that hears not your ears so when you do not wear your hearing aids all the time you are making it harder for your brain to completed "Auditory rehabilitation"
If you feel like your hearing aids are something that are uncomfortable for you to wear everyday then that is a fitting issue and you should go speak to your patient care coordinator.

Terry P
Licensed HIS
www.zoundshearing.com

:)

I use them all the time, except bathing and sleeping. Basically, I’m a swimmer, so I wear them while swimming too. I think, the usage of HA’s depends on their type. Some kind of HA’s can’t use frequently, it will affect their performance. In my case, I’m using swimming ear plugs which are purchased from a hearing clinic in Bowmanville. It is waterproof so that I can also use it beneath the water or during a shower. In fact, you should use your HA’s frequently in order to get the complete benefit of it. I read this from an article, not sure about the technical reasons and the truth about it.

About 12+ hrs.
Don't wear them when riding the motorcycle, don't want them to blow off also too much wind noise.

Back