Tinnitus

sajjad

Reaction score
Do Hearing aids work for tinnitus and are they effective for less aware of tinnitus

Some say Yes?? Some say No?? It seems different for different ppl.

I believe the reason Costco fitters will never provide tinnitus support is because they cannot easily achieve successful treatment.

YMMV o_O

I didn't know that I suffered from tinnitus until someone told me what it was. Then I listened for it and sure enough I could hear it! But when I stop thinking about it (after a while) it is gone. So I just -> fuggedaboutit ;)

Last edited:
pvc, it really does go away when you are focused on other things. I went to the Amen Clinic for a brain scan and they can see the activity in the audio cortex when I am quietly listening for it. But when I got focused on other things, it disappeared from the brain scan as other activities picked up in the brain. Interesting, eh?

Yes interesting. But some ppl (will jump up and down and swear) that it never goes away! So, I dunno. I will refrain from making any judgements.

I have tinnitus in one ear that goes from barely there to roaring. Hearing aids definitively help. I’ve never used the tinnitus feature of my aids. I downloaded the free Resound Relief app and use that instead.

@nanowiz, that’s fascinating!

I have tinnitus in one ear that goes from barely there to roaring. Hearing aids definitively help. I’ve never used the tinnitus feature of my aids. I downloaded the free Resound Relief app and use that instead.

@nanowiz, that’s fascinating!
Just downloaded that app and it is a game changer! I can usually un-focus myself on my tinnitus but there are times it is just too loud to tune out. I've been disappointed with the tinnitus relief on my Starkey Evolv AI's but adding this app to my phone is a huge help! Thank you.

I have tinnitus and believe that the hearing aids give me something to listen to. As a result, the ringing/whining is usually absent. Sometimes music will fill in the gaps if the general sounds of my office/home don't.

I used to have a white noise generator programmed into my Starkey Evolv, the Audi did this at the initial fitting. Ended up never using it and DIY the programming to fit my needs and free me of the tether to the HA app (poor) on my phone. I can do everything I need with button presses on my HAs.

At night I play white noise on a speaker very near my head.

Tinnitus Help topics to read (for example) after running Genie 2;
  1. Help / Help on Genie 2
  2. Type "tinnitus" in the search box and Click Search/Enter
  3. Then click "Tinnitus SoundSupport" or click "Tinnitus volume control"
If not using Oticon Genie 2, try exploring the Help feature of your fitting software to find help topics on "tinnitus".

Last edited:
Back