DIY School Hearing Aids (v2.2)

Hello wonderful people! I have Oticon Real 1's but live 3 hours from my audiologist and as an ex-radio producer I thought I would have a crack at teaching myself DIY optimisation. I am ordering a new Noahlink. Would anyone happen to be able to link me to the latest version of Oticon Genie 2? I think I will buy a used pair of Oticon More(s) to practice on though...

Regards from London!
You don't need to buy a second pair of hearing aids for practice. Here's why;
  1. You can practice without ever connecting your hearing aids using the SIMULATE feature of Genie 2. For details, please read a DIY School Hearing Aids PDF file named (01 Exploring the Fitting Software).
  2. You should save your original professional settings (first thing) before you apply any changes to your hearing aid setting. Read a DIY School Hearing Aids PDF file named (02 How to Program your Hearing Aids) specifically (Step 4 – Save your Original Professional Settings (if any)).
Read your PM/Conversation RE: Oticon Genie2 2023.2

Last edited:
Please I have two new Hanston Beat 3 675 up and noahlink wireless, kindly I need the right fitting software. which version Hansaton Connexx or Hasaton Scut?
Read your PM/Conversation RE: HANSATON scout 5.4. Though I have not verified whether Noahlink Wireless is the correct hearing aid programming device for (BTE beat 3 675 UP).

c3.png

You don't need to buy a second pair of hearing aids for practice. Here's why;
  1. You can practice without ever connecting your hearing aids using the SIMULATE feature of Genie 2. For details, please read a DIY School PDF file named (01 Exploring the Fitting Software).
  2. You should save your original professional settings (first thing) before you apply any changes to your hearing aid setting. Read a DIY School PDF file named (02 How to Program your Hearing Aids) specifically (Step 4 – Save your Original Professional Settings (if any)).
Read your PM/Conversation RE: Oticon Genie2 2023.2
Thank you! Yes, the simulate function looks to be a critical learning tool. I think I need a 2nd backup pair though in any case. So I think a non-rechargeable set of Oticon More's would be perfect.

Thank you so much, I understood from their agent here that noahlink wireless is the right fitting device since Beat has Bluetooth connectivity.

Yes, I think your agent is right. Though, Noahlink Wireless uses Bluetooth Low Energy/BLE. Looking at all of the Unitron BTE models from a DIY School Hearing Aids PDF file named (Choose Hardware-Programming Device for Unitron) I believe that your (Hansaton BTE beat 3 675 UP) would have to be one of three rebranded (Unitron BTE 675) models and is therefore, likely the rebranded (2021-Q2 Unitron Stride B-UP BTE 675).

d1.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome erkants; Please read your PM/Conversation RE: Phonak Target 9.0.1

Last edited:
I made some changes to DIY School Access Portals. Let me know if you encounter any problems;
  • A Google/Internet search for “diy school hearing” will find pvc's DIY School Hearing Aids (v2.2)
  • You can Click my Signature for a DIY School Hearing Aids Access Portal (login required)
  • You can Click my pvc Avatar for a DIY School Hearing Aids Access Portal (login required)
  • You can view the OP/Original Post of this Topic for a DIY School Access Portal
  • You can perform an Internet search for "DIY School Hearing"

Last edited:
New PDF File added to DIY School Hearing Aids (v2.2) just to formalize what most fellow DIYers already practice. That is;
  • 00 Help share DIY Hearing Aid Self-Fitting & Adjusting

Last edited:
Dear Sir,

We need the following Softwares :
- Phonak Target 7.1
- Oticon Genie 2017.1 and Genie 2
- Starkey
- Widex
- Gnresound
- Danavox to progrom ( Danavox 283D, Danavox 163D, Danavox danasound 163/ 163D and Danalogic 6) .

Rgds
M Satoot

mohsatoot.6@gmail.com

Just this? o_O I will see what I can do and contact you via PM/Conversation. :cool:

How can I do unlocking locked Hearing Aids ?
Click DIY School Hearing Aids (v2.2) in my Signature to get to the first post of this topic. After clicking a link to DIY School Hearing Aids (v2.2) find a PDF File named (Unlocking Locked Hearing Aids).

I will talk about what the codes are in PM/Conversation.

Last edited:
That should keep you busy for a while. ;) Also, Welcome to the forum.
I predict that you will like a DIY School Hearing Aids PDF file named (01 Free Hearing Aid Fitting Software).

Last edited:
Hello

Thank you PVC for your very helpful information. I have managed to purchase one of the Starkey Surflink Programmers to learn to adjust my Starkey 'Z' series aids. Please may you provide me with a link to the Starkey software? I have downloaded the lastest 'patientbase' software, but I don't know whether this is the correct version to use with the Starkey programming software? Thanks.

Please read the DIY School Hearing Aids PDF file named (01 Free Hearing Aid Fitting Software) where you will find detailed instructions on how to install Starkey Pro Fit 2023.0 (or latest) for newer/current hearing aids, and/or Starkey Inspire X 2023.0 for older/Legacy hearing aids.

Also read your PM/Conversation in a short while for information about;
  • Starkey PatientBase Setup 27.0.10001.0 1
  • Starkey Inspire X 2023.0 for older/Legacy hearing aids
  • Starkey Pro Fit 2023.0 (or latest) for newer/current hearing aids
Also, welcome to the forum. Using the clip below from a DIY School PDF File named (Choose Hardware-Programming Device for Starkey) as a reference it seems you have made a wise choice for a hearing aid programming device;

c1.jpg

Last edited:
First of all I'd like to thank this DIY community and pvc. Thanks to the resources provided I was able to purchase a new pair of premium HAs at an incredible price and fit them on my own, with far better results than I ever got from any audiologist. It does help that the Widex aids I purchased have a "Sensogram" function which is sort of a HTL audiogram directly through the aids. This is very useful since I don't have REM measurements (which I could still measure in the future).
It is so convenient and satisfying to just make any slight adjustments whenever I feel the need, right at the comfort of my own home. So my thanks everyone who has put work into creating and maintaining this community, which can certainly improve lives!!

That being said, I want to keep and program my older Phonak Naida-S CRT hearing aids as backup (they still work after 10 years!).

I have read Phonak Target 9 user guide and it seems to support both Naida-S and the Hi-Pro programmer (with CS44a cables), so I'll go for it. I have read I cube 2 is not so reliable, so I'll play it safe with Hi-Pro.

So... could anyone share Phonak Target 9? I appreciate it!

Good work Nacho!!

The DIY School Hearing Aids PDF file named (Choose Hardware-Programming Device for Phonak) also lists (iCube II or Hi Pro) as compatible programming devices.

Yep, iCube II is certainly building a reputation for bricking hearing aids. See this topic in another forum → Have I bricked my Phonak Aid? There's a workaround for unbricking the HAs using an older versions of Phonak Target (6.2 / 5.0) along with the fitting software tool (Reset to factory settings) to unbrick the HAs.

Read you PM/Conversation in a short while for how to get Phonak Target 9.1.0.

Last edited:
Back