DIY School Hearing Aids (v2.2)

I have added a Cautionary Warning to the DIY School Hearing Aids PDF file named (Choose Hardware-Programming Device for Phonak) about iCube II bricking some hearing aids. Here's an image clip;
c1.jpg

Last edited:
New DIY School Hearing Aids PDF File (Unlocking ReBranded Hearing Aids) has been added to DIY School Hearing Aids.
It replaces the old (Unlocking Locked Hearing Aids) PDF file.

Last edited:
I made many updates to the New DIY School Hearing Aids PDF File (Unlocking ReBranded Hearing Aids) because I just didn't say it right the first time. ;)

Last edited:
Hi. So glad I have found this forum. For my Widex MOMENT Sheer 440 sRIC R Ds, I would be grateful to receive a dl link to the Compass GPS software. I have already ordered a Noahlink Wireless device.

Hi Richard; Read your PM/Conversation in a short while for information on how to get Widex Compass GPS 4.5.

Oh btw; In the past I have tried to determine just what the heck was the new Widex Sheer model?? I found nothing. So I now believe that Sheer is just a new (more exciting Buzz-word) for the Widex Moment model.

Hi Richard; Read your PM/Conversation in a short while for information on how to get Widex Compass GPS 4.5.

Oh btw; In the past I have tried to determine just what the heck was the new Widex Sheer model?? I found nothing. So I now believe that Sheer is just a new (more exciting Buzz-word) for the Widex Moment model.
Many thanks. Like you I have no idea what is different with the Sheer!

Simplified the (Starkey Pro Fit and Inspire) section of (01 Free Hearing Aid Fitting Software) PDF file.

The optional Popup install for Starkey Pro Fit was too confusing so I moved it off to the side as an optional "doohickey".

I may make further updates. I tested whether installing Pro Fit first (before Inspire) will get rid of that pesky/confusing Optional Popup to install Pro Fit. ETA: Yes, installing Pro Fit first (in order to negate the Popup invitation) is much less confusing. The PDF file (01 Free Hearing Aid Fitting Software) is completed/done for now.

Last edited:
Firstly my apologies if this has already has been discussed here.
Question regarding initial set up at home with Oticon Real's and Genie 2 software.
Will I be able to import and save all my current Real 1 settings onto my copy of the Genie 2 software ?
I'll lean to yes they can be saved but a little hand holding advice from experienced users is never a bad thing. Cheers.

Hi Mark-em; Welcome!

When you select a database client, and then connect the hearing aids for that client, Genie 2 may ask which settings to use?
  • settings from the database
  • settings from the hearing aids
At the END FITTING step, Genie 2 may ask where to save the settings?
  • in the hearing aids
  • in the database
  • both in the hearing aids and in the database
That may seem simple. However it gets more complex when the settings don't match. Also, the first time has special considerations so please read Step 4 – Save your Original Professional Settings (if any) in the DIY School Hearing Aids PDF file named (02 How to Program your Hearing Aids).

The access portal for DIY School is in the first post in this thread or click the Link in my Signature. Let me know if you have further questions.

Last edited:
btw> I think you were asking about Oticon Oticon Genie2 2023.1. Check your PM/Private Message/Conversation.
I am in the need of genie 2023 software. can you please share the link. I am having Noahlink wireless for programming and Oticon ruby 1

Hi kad; Welcome and check your PM/Conversation in a short while RE Oticon Genie2 2023.2.

Hello, Dear forum members, I would be grateful if someone can send me a link to DIY fitting software for Resound quattro. I am waiting to get my Noahlink wireless, it is in the mail. I hope this system will work.

Hello eEHR; Welcome. Read your PM/Conversation shortly for information on how to obtain ReSound SmartFit 1.17 + Aventa 3.27.
SmartFit is for newer/current hearing aids and Aventa is for older/Legacy hearing. The path of least resistance is to install both and then when Smart Launcher has determined which hearing model is being connected then it will open the appropriate module (SmartFit or Aventa).

Hi PVC,

Can Expresslink3 used for Oticon More and Xceed? Below is the link for your kind comment.

Hi PVC, saw your write up in the old forum. Not suitable for newer generation Oticon.

Thanks

No.

Genie 2 / Help / Instructions for use / → Guides-PDF Programming devices and cable overview H2-23

c3.jpg

Oh, we posted at the same time. Yep, the newer stuff (More, Real) uses (Noahlink Wireless-only) except custom Own.

Actually, Thank you for asking this question! It has given me an idea about how to rewrite the DIY School Hearing Aids PDF File named (Choose Hardware-Programming Device for Oticon). The PDF file goes into much detail about various hearing aid programming devices for Legacy hearing aids.

But I think it should start with the simple choice (Noahlink Wireless-only) for the newer stuff (More, Real) and include the picture/chart.

So thanks for your contribution to DIY School :cool:
I will update the PDF file tomorrow. Good night,

Last edited:
Back