DIY School Hearing Aids (v2.2)

Hi jippz; Welcome. Read your PM/Conversation in a short while for information about how to find Widex Compass GPS 4.6.

Hi @pvc

many thanks for all the information provided by you!
Could you give me a hint where to find ReSound SmartFit 1.17?

Best regards.

Hi @renndachserl - Welcome;
Please read your PM/Conversation for information about where to find GN ReSound SmartFit 1.17.

I added images "with Chinese notation" in the DIY School Hearing Aids Chinese version of
(02 How to Program your Hearing Aids/02 如何对助听器进行编程) .
I hope it translates well; For example, notations (Scroll, Expansion > Arrows, Session Comments). I guess it would be better if I had started with a Chinese version of the Genie2 fitting software before capturing the image! Wait--Okay, I fixed it using Chinese Language option in Genie2!! 1702145601480.png! ;)

Last edited:
The Chinese language version of (Costco USA Hearing Aid Models-助听器型号) is available in DIY学校.
(Big-5 Platforms Chips-平台 芯片)的中文版在 DIY 学校提供。

Please find the Access Portal in the OP/Original Post of this Topic
请在本主题的 OP/原始帖子中找到访问门户

Last edited:
The Chinese language version of (01 免费助听器验配软件 / 01 Free Hearing Aid Fitting Software) is available in DIY学校.
(01 免费助听器验配软件 / 01 Free Hearing Aid Fitting Software) 的中文版在 DIY 学校提供。

请在本主题的 OP/原始帖子中找到访问门户

The Chinese language version of (01 探索装配软件 / 01 Explore fitting software) is available in DIY学校.
(01 探索装配软件/ 01 Explore fitting software) 的中文版在 DIY 学校提供。

请在本主题的 OP/原始帖子中找到访问门户

The Chinese language version of (助听器编程设备的演变 / Evolution of the Hearing Aid Programming Devices) is available in DIY学校.
(助听器编程设备的演变/ Evolution of the Hearing Aid Programming Devices) 的中文版在 DIY 学校提供。

请在本主题的 OP/原始帖子中找到访问门户

The Chinese language version of (解锁重塑品牌助听器 / Unlocking ReBranded Hearing Aids) is available in DIY学校.
(解锁重塑品牌助听器 / Unlocking ReBranded Hearing Aids) 的中文版在 DIY 学校提供。

请在本主题的 OP/原始帖子中找到访问门户

Hi jippz; Welcome. Read your PM/Conversation in a short while for information about how to find Widex Compass GPS 4.6.
I have the new Widex HAs and would like to program them with Widex Compass GPS, if anyone could point me to this software that would be great. Thanks

Hi Engineer. Welcome. Read your PM/Conversation in a short while for information about how to find Widex Compass GPS 4.6

Halo PVC
Click this Access Portal for → DIY School (v2.2) English Language
点击此处进入传送门 → DIY学校 (v2.2), 中文版/建设中 Click here to enter the portal → DIY School (V2.2) Chinese version/under construction

What is DIY School? It’s simply a collection of PDF files residing in cloud storage. Click the Access Portal to have a quick look at the PDF files inside DIY School. The PDF files provide help with many self programming tasks, including the following two prerequisites.

1. Software Prerequisite: Download the fitting software. Read about software download instructions in the first PDF file named (01 Free Hearing Aid Fitting Software). The links within that PDF file may take you to directly a download site or, provide community share instructions for how to obtain hidden software.
  2. Hardware Prerequisite: In addition to obtaining free fitting software, you will also need to use a Hearing Aid Programming Device/hardware. For most (but not all) recently sold hearing aids, the device you will need is Noahlink Wireless. Some think that Remote Fitting can be used take the place of this hardware prerequisite. It cannot! Sorry, it requires a professional account! This non-trivial task will require your due diligence!
That’s it, Ta-da!!

Tip for finding DIY School (v2.2) again if you get lost and wish to return;
  • A Google/Internet search for “diy school hearing” will find pvc's DIY School (v2.2)
  • You can Click my Signature for a DIY School Access Portal (login required)
  • You can Click my pvc Avatar for a DIY School Access Portal (login required, click the 2nd Avatar too)
  • You can view this OP/Original Post of this Topic for the DIY School Access Portal
  • You can perform an Internet search for "DIY School Hearing"
Tip for getting started with DIY Self Fitting: Read these DIY School PDF files:
  • 02 How to Program Your Hearing Aids
  • 01 What to Expect for your First Fit
Tip for finding fitting software: Read the DIY School PDF file named (01 Free Hearing Aid Fitting Software). Also scroll down below to find recent posts/comments from others seeking free fitting software. Feel free to post your own request for free fitting software below, as a new reply on this thread/topic. You will likely find other DIYers who are willing to share.

Appendix: List of frequently requested software;
  • Phonak Target 8.1 (or latest) for Newer/Current
  • Oticon Genie 2 2023.1 (or latest) for Newer/Current
  • Rexton Connexx 9.8.5/RexFit9.8.11 (or latest) for Newer/Current
  • Connexx 9.9.3/SiFit9.9.0 (or latest) for Signia Newer/Current
  • GN ReSound Smart Fit 1.16 (or latest) for newer/current hearing aids and Aventa 3 for older/Legacy hearing aids
  • Starkey Pro Fit 2023.0 (or latest) for newer/current
  • Starkey Inspire X 2023.0 for Starkey Legacy hearing aids
  • Unitron TrueFit 5.3 for Newer/Current
  • Widex Compass GPS 4.4 (or latest) for Newer/Current

Appendix: List of less-frequently requested software;
  • Bernafon Oasis 2019.2 software for Older/Legacy
  • Bernafon OasisNxt 2023.1 (or latest) software for Newer/Current
  • Rexton Connexx 6.5.5/RexFit6.8.4 for Older/Legacy
  • Connexx6.5.5/SiFit6.10 for Signia older/legacy
  • Connexx7.5.2/SiFit7.5.1 for Signia intermediary/legacy
  • Oticon Genie 2017.1 for older/legacy
  • Philips HearSuite 2023.1 (or latest) for Newer/Current
  • Phonak iPFG2.6e - Legacy
  • Phonak PFG8.6c - Legacy
  • Unitron Ufit for older/legacy
  • Unitron Unifit5.52A even older legacy
  • Widex COMPASS V5 - Legacy
  • A&M Connexx 9.6.6 with AMFit 9.6.10 (or latest) for newer/current
  • Argosy iPFG
  • Audifon (AudiFit4 and AudiFit5)
  • Audio Service Connexx6.5.4/AudioFIT6.8.5 for older/legacy
  • Audio Service Connexx9.8.5/AudioFit9.8.11 (or latest) for newer/current
  • Aurafit Relate-United HealthCare for newer/current Relate/Unitron
  • Beltone Solus Max 1.10 + BT Solus Pro 1 (both included in the same download)
  • Danavox Danafit 1.5
  • Electone Elecfit6.4
  • EXPRESSfit 6.4 for legacy Sonic products
  • EXPRESSfit 2017 for older Sonic products
  • EXPRESSfit PRO 2022.2.1 (or similar) for newer/current
  • Hansaton Connexx6.5.5/HansaFit6.21 for older/legacy
  • Hansaton Connexx8.3.6/HansaFit8.3.0 for intermediary/legacy
  • Hansaton Scout 3.6.1 for newer/current
  • GN ReSound Interton fitting_1.16 (or latest) + appraise2.4, also compufit4.4
  • Interton Appraise 2.5
  • Miracle Ear Harmony6.5.4/me6.10.3 for older/legacy
  • Miracle Ear HarmonyII9.0.8/me9.0.5 for newer/current
  • NewSoundFit 6.1.12 for Newsound
Appendix: List of re-branded Starkey fitting software;
  • AGX/AudigyGroup
  • Amplifon
  • Audibel
  • Audika
  • AudioSync (Brazil = Portuguese) (Pro Akustik = German)
  • Horex (German/Deutsche)
  • KIND
  • Lisound (Chinese/Zhongguo)
  • Medtronic
  • MicroTech
  • Starkey
  • NuEar
  • Visaudio (French/Francaise)

• Disclaimer: Hearing aids come in different models for different hearing losses (mild, moderate, severe, profound). Heed the warnings that come with power hearing aids like this example>> CAUTION: BTE Power hearing aid is a powerful hearing instrument. If you have been fitted with BTE Power, never allow others to wear your hearing instruments as incorrect usage could cause permanent damage to their hearing.
  • Disclaimer: These DIY School documents are not meant to encourage self-fitting of your hearing aids. It can be technically challanging and is not for everyone. Though, if you have already decided to self-fit your hearing aids then you may benefit from this extra information on the subject. Also this extra information may come in handy simply for gaining more knowledge about what your audiologist is doing (or not doing) for you.
  • Disclaimer: The author of these documents did not invent Anonymous Community File Sharing. Community file sharing predates anything this author has envisioned, or written, or published.
hello PVC.. would you like to share the latest NXT osis with me? please

Best Regards
Boea

Hi @hearwell Read you PM/Conversation shortly for where to find ReSound SmartFit 1.17 + Aventa 3

Hi PVC, looking for Compass software download for my Widex Moment 440. Thanks!

Hi @RW_ Welcome.
Please read your PM/Conversation in a short while for information about how to find Widex Compass GPS 4.6

DIY School Hearing Aids - navigation tips:
  • You can find the Access Portal for DIY School Hearing Aids in this/my main Topic → DIY School Hearing Aids (v2.2)
  • You can easily find the Access Portal again/anytime, by clicking any PVC Avatar (click twice - counting the 2nd popup Avatar)
  • When logged in, you can find the Access Portal again/anytime, by clicking a Link in my Signature
  • You can perform a simple Internet search for "DIY School Hearing Aids"

Last edited:
Hi, PVC, I'm looking for Widex Compass GPS software. Cound you please help me ? Thanks !

Hi @NHA Welcome.
Please read your PM/Conversation for information about how to find Widex Compass GPS 4.6

Here's some cloud storage navigation tips for reading DIY School Hearing Aids PDF files:
Featuring one-click cloud storage access. Bruh... That's Awesome!! :cool:
  • You can find the Access Portal in the OP/Original Post of this/my main Topic → DIY School Hearing Aids (v2.2)
  • You can easily find the Access Portal again/anytime, by clicking any PVC Avatar (click twice - counting the 2nd popup Avatar)
  • When logged in, you can find the Access Portal again/anytime, by clicking a Link in my Signature
  • You can perform a simple Internet search for "DIY School Hearing Aids"

Last edited:
Back